Pet Liability Statement
- Feather & Nest or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed the walker to allow outside while walker is not there. This includes pets with automatic doors and outdoor pets.
- Feather & Nest does not assume any responsibility or liability for any animals that escape, become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when the sitter/walker is instructed to walk animal or when he/she is instructed to leave an animal in a fenced-in area. This includes any type of fence, including electric. Any instruction to leave an animal in a fenced-in area and not in a home must be issued in writing and signed by the owner.
- The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on their rabies vaccination. Proof of these vaccines may be requested prior to service.
- Feather & Nest requires the client to have a responsible party to take care of the pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as illness and in the event of inclement weather or a natural disaster.
- Feather & Nest does not diagnose or make therapy decisions, nor does it offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian.
- Feather & Nest does not accept aggressive animals with a known bite history. The client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, attorney fees, etc.) if the pet should bite another person or animal.